Friday, October 10, 2008

China Embarkation

Here I am sitting on the floor of the Vancouver airport, my gateway to Asia; cringing at the decubitus ulcer forming on my coccyx, but thankful for the free wi-fi. Thus starts the beginning of my 5 week trip to the motherland, beginning with 2 weeks of medical aid in Inner Monglia at the Chengjisihan town hospital and then the Elunchun minority village. After the medical portion of the trip, I will spend a few days in Beijing to do the essentials: shop, jumpshot on the Great Wall, and Peking Duck. I have heard the PD isn't as good as you would expect-ducks too skinny, not good like supersize American kind (which explains the supersized Americans), but for the sake of research I will try as many ducks as necessary to get a fair sample size before making my final decision. After Beijing I will head down to Shanghai for the remainder of my stay where anything can and probably will happen (and will inevitably stay in Shanghai). Blog ya from China...

1 comment:

Danielle Beaver said...

I'm thinking of you! I hope you are safe, stuffed full of PD, and learning all God has to teach you. I can't wait for the update when you get back my friend!!