Friday, February 19, 2010

The Blog Iceberg

Apparently I don’t know how to blog; good thing I never said I did. Today was the first time I opened up my blog in at least a year, and had actually forgotten how to get to it. Thank heavens for facebook (my official record-keeping system for all things sacred and holy) because it had a link to my blog so through my page I was able to navigate to my (other) page. Actually, it was my sister who first told me I didn’t know how to blog. Aside from the fact that most bloggers blog more than once a decade (actually, I did it 10 times over the last decade, which averages to once a year…boo-yah!), I’ve been told that it’s supposed to be more stream of consciousness, excerpts, and blurbs; not essays that have been proofread seven times over and sent to a copy editor. Oh, I get it…I’m writing a blog, not a dissertation.

Before I go any further in defending my blog-style, let’s review my first entry where the purpose of the blog was revealed.

“A word about this blog… Don’t like it? I don’t care. This isn’t for you; it’s for me…It’s my expression and a very cathartic one at that…Of course I hope despite my selfish intentions you will laugh occasionally and maybe you’ll gain some perspective that you didn’t have before. Maybe I’ll gain some perspective like blogs are stupid and a complete waste of time, thereby making this my first AND last entry. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted."

We all know that wasn’t my last entry, but it certainly wasn’t the tip of the iceberg either. Five months after that was written the iceberg just up and disappeared. Anyways, here it is in 2010 and I’m going to try my best to get back on the blogging bandwagon. Enough said, you’ve been forewarned.

So I guess I’ll see you in 2011?





No comments: